As a professional organization that has historically (pre-COVID-19) thrived on in-person programming and networking, last year was an enormous shift for us … to say the least. And we learned so much!
What we heard from you is that you liked our virtual programming. You also said you miss visiting in person. That’s why we are thrilled to offer a hybrid calendar for the remainder of 2021 with both in-person and virtual options for connecting and learning.
- Connect Over Cocktails will be in-person. Our first face-to-face programming in a long while will be August 4. Join us!
- WCA@Lunch will continue to be virtual. The next one is on July 21. (Your Job Search Branding Campaign)
- Careers Over Coffee will offer virtual and in-person options each month. Check out the event calendar for the schedule.
- Freelance Austin will offer mostly virtual programming.
- Our popular and intimate Leader Lunch series will be in-person. The first one will be in September. Stay tuned for more details to come.
- Get Smart, our half-day professional development conference in October, will also be in-person.
We’ll evaluate this mix along the way. Please don’t hesitate to send me an email and let me know what you think about our hybrid schedule, if you have any suggestions/questions, or anything else that’s on your mind. (President@WCAustin.org)
Hope to see you soon! Thanks.
Ellen Decareau, WCA President