The number one way to make the most out of your Women Communicators of Austin membership is to take advantage of our chapter’s best networking opportunity: volunteering.
Not yet a member? Volunteering is a great way to get to know our organization—you don’t have to be a member to volunteer!
When you’re ready to sign up, fill out our volunteer form. If you’re not sure which position is right for you, we’ll help you!
Student volunteers can email the VP of Student Programming for more information.
Current volunteer needs:
Mentor Program Communications Liaison
- Help develop communications strategies and tactics for promoting the mentor program to WCA members
- Attend quarterly mentor meetings and report mentor program news and communications needs to the VP of Communications
- Work with the VP of Programs to recruit speakers and help develop event promotions content.
- Lend support during WCA@Lunch/WCA@Night events including attendee sign-in and ensuring our speakers are set up and ready to go!
Banner Brunch Décor Committee (3-4 volunteers needed)
- Make design decisions for Banner Brunch and help secure donated or discounted décor items as well as help set up and tear down on day-of event (April 8th)
- Curate and manage Freelance Austin project postings (and be the first to know when projects come in!) and create and maintain our relationship within the profession and community.
- Create emails, blog and social media posts to help promote Freelance Austin events and news.
- Keep the Freelance Austin website in tip-top condition.
- Be the one Freelance Austin members and supporters turn to for questions and get your analytical, metric-loving, statistical groove on.
Freelance Austin Co-Chair
- Be the glue that keeps the momentum going. Oversee the team and take on special projects to help catapult our success.
Job Bank Coordinator
- Curate and manage job postings submitted to the WCA Job Bank. Maintain relationships with recruiters to help them promote communications positions to the WCA membership.
Didn’t see something that interests you? There are always volunteer opportunities in:
Looking for a communications and marketing liaison who will work with our mentor program and our communications committee to help increase awareness of our mentor services and promote news about the program.
Join our membership committee and help develop and execute initiatives for recruiting and welcoming new members to WCA and engaging current members.
Our development committee is looking for a Fulfillment Chair to work closely with our sponsors and serve as a sponsor liaison to other committees. This is a great opportunity to network with local businesses and organizations as well as other volunteers.
Looking for social media and website support volunteers.
Looking for volunteers to help at our annual Get Smart conference.