Written by Kristen James, Pierpont Communications
If you answered “yes” to any of the above, you won’t want to miss the 7th Annual Summer Shindig on Thursday, July 30. Aside from enjoying a hiatus from the work week, here are the top five reasons to attend:
- Career Growth & Recruiting. We’ve all spent hours searching online for jobs, but nothing beats face-to-face connections. During Summer Shindig, you can learn about potential job opportunities and find out who in Austin is looking for talent. Looking for your next rock star team member? Summer Shindig is a great way to casually meet someone and decide whether to proceed with a formal interview.
- Increased Visibility. We’ve all heard the saying, “Out of sight, out of mind,” and the busy summer months make it even harder to keep in touch. Use this time to re-connect with old friends, other WCA members, and build new professional relationships.
- Pro partnerships. While we like to think we can do it all, sometimes you need to partner with a freelancer or an agency who offers a different service. With writers, PR pros, freelancers, designers and journalists all in one room, you could connect with a new business partner or gain a greater understanding of the communications landscape in Austin to help build your business.
- New Business. Speaking of partnerships, Summer Shindig brings in more than 150 communicators spanning industries ranging from tech to healthcare to nonprofits. Your next business lead could be sitting right next to you.
- Trend Watch. Keeping up with the latest app, SEO development or acronym seems harder than anything these days and it helps to surround yourself with innovative professionals who spend their days keeping up with trends. Find out what’s new in your space and learn about areas where others have been focusing.
Join us on Thursday, July 30 at the Cedar Door from 5:30-7:30 p.m. Hosted by eight professional communications organizations in Central Texas, you’ll meet new connections while enjoying Cedar Door’s famous mini-Mexican Martinis and Tex Mex appetizers. Tickets are $35 a person, and include two drinks, appetizers and the chance to win door prizes.
Along with Women Communicators of Austin, the hosts of this year’s Summer Shindig are:
American Marketing Association, Austin Chapter
Public Relations Society of America, Austin chapter
Austin Advertising Federation
North Austin Influencers
International Association of Business Communicators, Austin chapter
Society for Marketing Professional Services, Austin Chapter
Pierpont Communications is an annual sponsor of Women Communicators of Austin.