WCA is proud to offer a discount on health insurance premiums through our partnership with Decent, a health insurance “disruptor” offering affordable health plans to self-employed professionals and their family.
Under the partnership, self-employed members of Women Communicators of Austin, and its special interest group, Freelance Austin, will receive a 1% discount on Decent’s lowest-premium Bronze and Silver plans. Self-employed members include freelancers, contractors, consultants, sole proprietors, and others among the “1099 labor force”.
Decent’s Affordable Care Act (ACA)-compliant health plans are built around a model that offers free access to a primary care physician. All plans feature:
- Year-round enrollment (no waiting until the November-December open enrollment season);
- Unlimited free primary care with a family doctor;
- Option to message their family doctors 24/7;
- Premiums up to 50% below market rate for comparable plans; and
- Unlimited and free access to same-day appointments.
To learn more and get a quote, log in and visit their webpage for WCA members: