WCA’s current Board of Directors looks to you, its membership, to find the best candidates to serve on the board. We need your leadership, involvement and support to continue offering top tier professional development events and growing this beloved organization. Serving on the board helps our communicators grow as leaders, and the returns on service are often greater than the service itself.
Board terms begin on June 1 each year and end on May 31 the following year.
A typical board member’s time commitment, less the hours spent performing the actual position duties, varies from position to position and seasonally with events.
- Monthly board meeting – 1.5-2 hours
- Each monthly event – 1.5-2 hours
- Preparation (reports, etc.) for monthly board meeting – 30 minutes
- Correspondence and board emails – 1-2 hour per month
- Get Smart conference and Banner Brunch award ceremony – half-day events
- We hold a day-long board retreat in May or June and a mid-year mini-retreat in January.