Employer: Employees Retirement System of Texas
Our mission is simply stated: ERS offers competitive benefits to enhance the lives of its members. Each team member across the agency contributes to our ongoing success.
Seeking experienced Communications Specialist to perform advanced (senior-level) informational and educational work as part of the editorial team in the Benefits Communications (BCOM) Division. Work involves leading projects, acting as newsletter and publications editor and working as a part of a team to develop website content. The ideal candidate is a creative and organized writer, with the ability to prioritize work on multiple projects and ensure deadlines are met.
Essential Functions includes, but is not limited to:
* Writes and serves as project team lead on an ERS newsletter and other publications
o Writes and edits articles, features, training manuals, brochures, fliers, fact sheets and other publications on retirement, insurance and other topics as needed.
o Coordinates photo shoots.
o May coordinate layout with graphic designers.
o Plans, schedules and sends the newsletter.
o May serve as the liaison to internal and external print shops to obtain pricing quotes, coordinate printing and fulfillment, and approve printing samples for designated materials
* Serves as subject matter expert for communications about specific benefits programs – developing strategy and content, and overseeing communications developed both in-house and by external administrators and vendors.
o Writes and edits education and marketing communications materials such as articles, special features, brochures, fact sheets and other content in a style consistent with organizational standards and appropriate for the targeted audience.
o Creates and manages various communication project timelines.
o Drafts strategic communications, such as presentations and talking points, on complex benefits-related topics.
o Maintains materials in an organized and accessible manner, in adherence with record retention standards.
o Conducts project team meetings and briefings.
o Reviews and evaluates Request for Proposal responses related to communications about third-party administration (TPA) of benefits programs and manages communications surrounding TPA implementations including, but not limited to, developing strategy, managing reviews and conducting in-person and online presentations.
o Seeks out and utilizes customer and audience input, readership and satisfaction surveys, and other research data to develop, evaluate and improve communications materials.
* Works as a member of the website team to manage website content, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
* Implements and maintains cataloguing of ERS publications.
Required Minimum Qualifications: Your application for employment must reflect how you meet each of the following minimum qualifications:
1) Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in marketing, journalism, public relations, communications or a related field. Each year of related experience over the required minimum may be substituted for one year (30 semester hours) of required college credit.
2) Four (4) years of professional experience developing, writing and editing communications for publication or advertising.
Preferred Qualifications: Your application for employment should reflect how you meet the following preferred qualifications:
3) Experience in communicating information about retirement and insurance programs.
4) Experience with communicating ERS benefits.
5) Experienced or trained in customer service and project planning.
PLEASE NOTE: All applications must contain complete job histories, which includes job title, dates of employment, name of employer, supervisor’s name and phone number and a description of duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your application may be rejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of this required information.
Other Information: Work is performed in an office environment that includes remote opportunities. This position may require access to privileged, confidential, or sensitive data. ERS will conduct either a TXDPS or FBI criminal history check on all new hires. For more information about this policy inquiries can be made to email@example.com.
Military Occupational Specialty Codes:
Veterans, Reservists or Guardsmen with experience in the Military Occupational Specialty (https://hr.sao.texas.gov/Compensation/MilitaryCrosswalk/MOSC_InformationandCommunication.pdf) along with the minimum qualifications listed above may meet the minimum requirements and are highly encouraged to apply. Please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for additional information.
Email: Employment@ers.texas.gov Web: www.ers.texas.gov
Fax: (512) 867-3161 Relay Texas TDD: (800) 735-2989
How to Apply: Submit a State of Texas Application for Employment with an ERS Qualifications Form & other required materials, if any, to the ERS, Human Resources Office by 5 p.m. CST on the closing date. Resumes will be accepted only as supplements to an application. Please contact a Human Resources representative if you need assistance or require accommodation during the application process.
Fax: (512) 867-3161