||Public Information & Marketing Program Manager
|Job Requisition Number
||Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Journalism, Marketing, Advertising, or related field plus six (6) years of work experience two (2) of which were in a lead or supervisory capacity.
A Master’s degree may substitute for two years of the required non-supervisory experience
Experience may substitute for the education up to the maximum of four (4) years.
Licenses or Certifications:
|Notes to Applicants
A detailed and complete job application is REQUIRED and helps us to better evaluate your qualifications. In completing your job application, please be sure to provide a COMPLETE employment history regarding any relevant experience that you would like for us to consider. This information will also be used to determine salary in the event that you are selected for this position. NOTE: A cover letter and/or resume will NOT be used to substitute for an incomplete job application.
All candidates are REQUIRED to submit, as part of your application, a Marketing Sample of a campaign you created, managed and/or led. Please upload your marketing sample under “Other Required Applicant Documents” section of the application.
Candidates who progress to an in-person interview may be required to deliver a presentation.
All new employees are required to attend City of Austin and Austin Public Library training as scheduled, and should arrange their outside schedules to accommodate such training.
If you are selected for this position, and meet the Driver Safety Standards in the City of Austin Driver Safety Program, you may drive when necessary to multiple locations as part of your regular job duties. Otherwise, you are responsible for getting to and from these locations.
||$33.36 – $43.36
||Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Note: Hours may vary based on business needs; evenings and weekends may be required on occasion.
|Job Close Date
|Type of Posting
|Grant Funded or Pooled Position
||Location 710 W. César Chávez St., Austin, TX 78701
- Experience managing projects and successfully overseeing the execution of media relations, advertising, and marketing functions for an organization.
- Experience in a Library system.
- Experience working with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Experience developing and implementing marketing and advertising strategies.
- Experience supervising and leading a team of direct reports, to include overseeing employee assignments, performance management, and delivering performance reviews.
- The ideal candidate is politically savvy, has an in-depth understanding of local and national media best practices, is comfortable with flexibility, and is able to work in a high traffic working environment.
- Experience in community involvement and representing an organization as a designated spokesperson.
- Experience creating and developing organizational brand, mission and vision statements.
- Ability to travel to more than one work location.
|Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
||Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
1. Develops corporate communications plans/strategies, policy development and implementation.
2. Reviews legislation and recommends changes.
3. Develops program budget and guidelines.
4. Develops and coordinate programs/projects.
5. Develops long-range business and marketing plans. Conducts market research.
6. Develops and implement procedures, policies and guidelines.
7. Designs, writes and edits publications for internal or external use.
8. Acts as official spokesperson for program or division (including crisis situations). Serves as liaison for department with various agencies, other city departments, city council, and other city government officials, private businesses, outside vendors, community leaders, community groups, and the general public. Serves as point of contact for city departments.
9. Conducts public education programs and presentations. Writes and follow-up on news releases.
10. Participates in bidding processes/negotiate contracts.
Responsibilities– Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
Responsible for the full range of supervisory activities including selection, training, evaluation, counseling and recommendation for dismissal.
Manages two major programs or one major program and one supervisor; or manages two supervisors.
|Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
||Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
Knowledge of public information, marketing, public relations, media relations and public involvement programs.
Knowledge of the functions and organization of municipal government, to include the relationships between departments, divisions and agencies.
Knowledge of the principles associated with the role of meeting the necessary standards of customer service.
Knowledge of fiscal planning and budget preparation.
Knowledge of supervisory and managerial techniques and methods.
Skill in oral and written communication.
Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
Skill in using computers and related software.
Skill in data analysis and problem solving.
Skill in planning and organizing.
Ability to interpret policies and guidelines. .
Ability to develop, coordinate and implement programs.
Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other City employees and the public.
apply here: https://www.austincityjobs.org/postings/85977